Login  |  Sign up

S1 S2 S3 S4 Merge   [Copy the link of this thread]

Post Time: 5-26-2011 12:03:03 PM |Show all posts
I think the 1 advance settlement per city as well as a  grace period would solve most players concerns....

Its a good idea.

Use magic Report

Post Time: 5-28-2011 08:48:26 AM |Show all posts
I don't like this idea. There are players who have accounts on more than one server and the top alliance is pretty much the same on all the servers. We would be inviting a bunch of cheats by merging servers. Unless these members with multiple accounts can be dealt with I think a merger is a very bad idea. NWO(Darkness) for example top alliance on all servers think what would happen if they were all on the same server. If this happens I'll quit for good

Use magic Report

Post Time: 5-28-2011 11:13:37 AM |Show all posts
Reply Trevor_u3taqyb Add Thread

Just like with Evony you would pick the server that you want to have your account transfered from, assuming you used the same email address.

server 9                                         server 17
SIGMA 1s1k                                  Zer0Pain
alliance: 1s1k: Founder            alliance: Order: Founder     
Retired                                          Retired

Use magic Report

Post Time: 5-28-2011 02:17:18 PM |Show all posts
Post edited by Shawn132 at 2011-7-9 12:17

Reply Trevor_u3taqyb Add Thread
NWO (Darkness) doesnt play on S1 ....

Use magic Report

Amateur

Gen Overlord of Darkness S2

Post Time: 5-28-2011 10:43:56 PM |Show all posts
Nor on S2....we are the just Darkness, and the original

Use magic Report

Post Time: 5-30-2011 08:10:55 AM |Show all posts
Do it soon or the whole game goes...

Use magic Report

Post Time: 5-30-2011 09:14:54 PM |Show all posts
The only way to fix this problem is to cease expansion operations and promote growth within the early servers.  Merging servers 1-5 would be a terrible idea.

For 1, the top players have alot of coastals, more than would be accomodated in a merger, so alot of players would end up being screwed by the merger.  Server 2 for instance, has very few coastals left, so a merger would kill a lot of cities.

Secondly, How would you redistribute the cities?  Most of the better organized alliances have colonized the same area to increase their ability to work together as a cohesive unit, and a randomization of those cities would kill what many of us have spent months building.

If you want to fix this game, outer expansion has to die.  There are simply too many servers.  If anything the last few servers should be the one merged with the earlier ones.  They should definitely look into either expanding the coastal area, or creating more coastal areas around the exterior of the map, to accommodate future expansion.  Finally they need to cap off the new servers and promote new players into the older servers.  Without some level of planned sustainability, every server is destined to future failure.  We're only piss.ed because we are the first.

As to whoever said that sustainability comes from not beating other players in submission....really?  One of the things that drew us to this game, but is also it's downfall is that it is a WAR GAME!  We are meant to attack other players, we get bonuses from taking their cities from them.  For instance, the only way to really get a coastal now on the earlier servers is to take it from someone else.  But that's the point.  You don't hit someone once, wag your finger and say "I hope you've learned your lesson".  A threat is a threat, and if an enemy moves into your territory and starts to hit your alliance players, you don't back off and say oh well, you take them out.

Use magic Report

Post Time: 5-31-2011 05:14:49 PM |Show all posts
You raise Valid points - there arent many coastals left.
Perhaps more water on the map is needed.
The advanced resettles should take care of the alliances forming up together again.

However the main theme here is the more boring this game gets due to lack of players the more people leave. Im not going to cry about not getting my coastal next to a level 10 NPC at the server merge at xxx, xxx cords and n either should you. Be happy if they merge there will finally be more activity

New players will never join the early servers. Why would you start on an extremely unlevel playing field like that?

Use magic Report

Post Time: 5-31-2011 05:53:39 PM |Show all posts
If they rearrange the map, add some more waterfront property and put a freeze on new player account creation on the latter servers and force them to concentrate into the older ones it can be viable.  I am not against the idea of adding a Pacific or Indian Ocean to the mix.  Would give the players reason to play on the outer reaches of the map, as currently the only way to be viable in late game scenarios is to have ocean front property.  Would also bring an interesting dynamic to the game as you could territorialize the game into oceanfront holdings and create a whole new aspect to the game.

Another possiblity is the shrinking of the map.  Right now, without diamonds it is an unviable option for someone on the outer rim of the map, to get anywhere near the action without wasting time jumping colonies towards the coast, which is a long process and annoying when you factor in that they have to drop old colonies to continue the process and it's just not fair to ask any player to build a colony, tear it down and start from scratch.  The distance and oil required to make any significant jump to a more viable area of the map is ludicrously high.

As for early mergers, Unless they increase coastal landmass to accomodate the introduction of more top players on previously unknown servers, they are simply going to lose more clientele, who are going to rage over the injustice and either jump to a new server or leave the game entirely.

I don't mind the idea of advanced resettlement, but they would have to give enough to move everything, and I doubt they are going to give me 16 advanced resettlements as compensation.

I don't know, I'm pretty sure JF doesn't give a rat's ass either way seeing as this debate has been going on for a while now, and they just opened 2 more servers.  I will stick around for a while, but will probably move on if someone ever takes me out, or I run out of achievements to collect on.

Unfortunately, the name of the game is war, and in war the skilled win, and the less skilled lose and leave, and the reparations package for being taken out of the game is such a joke, that no one is going to stick around once they are removed.

Use magic Report

Post Time: 6-1-2011 02:45:15 PM |Show all posts
so it begs the question is there an official joyfort response to this thread?

are server merges possible or going to happen ?

as you can see by the poll the vast majority support it !

Use magic Report

You have to log in first before reply Log In | Sign Up

Copyright (c) 2010 - 2013 JOYFORT ENTERTAINMENT LIMITED. All Rights Reserved           About Us | Contact Us | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy