Login  |  Sign up

[Guide] [Officer Guide] Leaders Are Made, Not Born!   [Copy the link of this thread]

Post Time: 6-21-2011 12:45:45 PM |Show all posts
A+  will be sharing this link with others in alliance

Use magic Report

Post Time: 6-21-2011 12:59:03 PM |Show all posts
wrong on some things

Use magic Report

Post Time: 6-22-2011 03:40:26 AM |Show all posts
And what would those be Chad?

Use magic Report

Post Time: 6-24-2011 09:16:43 AM |Show all posts
Post edited by Daniel516 at 2011-8-5 07:17

Subsequently, and this is something I've been realizing lately with the weekly naval missions.  An alternate Military Officer, if you were looking for a Naval based unit would be:

Relentless Assault
Counterattack
Maelstrom

In a naval on naval incursion, if you don't know or haven't noticed yet, ships have two ranges, long range and close range guns.  Once you cross into the close range threshhold, your damage dealt doubles.

Counterattack is the big winner here.  At least against NPC's, you will never take down battleships and carriers without coming into close combat, and doubling your kills is just a phenomenal winner here.  

So this is the Officer at 81, just cause I like using max results, Roughly 200%+ attack bonus dmg from the 90% from RA5, an extra 30 pts of damage per unit via Maelstrom, every round of attack, and a doubling of kills due to counterattack.  So if you were getting 75 kills from long range, you will get 150 from close range, doubled to 300 from the counterattack.

So if you want to build a naval specific officer, this is how to do it.  I don't see this being worth the effort against air or ground as there are better options via troop selection in conjunction with my original ideal officer, but if you have a navy, a spare officer, and spare manuals, this would be a worthy officer to add to your arsenal.

Use magic Report

Post Time: 6-24-2011 09:21:40 AM |Show all posts
Daniel - 1 suggestion and i know this is probably not an easy one to come up with

but if you could give info on the skills and what type of manuals generate them it would be very helpful!

Use magic Report

Post Time: 6-24-2011 09:34:42 AM |Show all posts
http://the-stratagems.joyfort.com/article-338-1.html

This is the link to all of the current officer skills

There is not much to it:

Obliteration and Second Wind drop primarily from Ground Manuals.
Tidal Wave and Maestrom drop primarily from Naval Manuals.
Four Finger Formation and Sonic Boom drop primarily from Air Manuals.

Each specific manual won't give you the 4 skills of the other type.  All other skills are completely randomized and available from any manual, and of course the Tactical Training manual will give you everything, which is why it's cheaper, because the other three take 4 of the skills out of the equation, where as the TTM accesses all of them.

Use magic Report

Post Time: 6-24-2011 09:43:25 AM |Show all posts
This is great info, thx didnt see that article.

By the way another handy naval skill is Advanced Engineering. To attack with large navies is hard given the amount of oil they take to move and a 30% reduction is very helpful!

Use magic Report

Post Time: 6-24-2011 09:58:55 AM |Show all posts
Not exactly.  Advanced Engineering is a Mayor Only skill.  It would be good on the mayor of the city you are dispatching from, but useless on your attacking officer.

Use magic Report

Post Time: 6-24-2011 12:29:45 PM |Show all posts
might want to double check that , I have that skill on one of my officers and when he moves any sort of troops i get a discount on the oil

it was a captured officer though, so i'd really like to know what type it falls under so i could add it to a naval attack officer.

Use magic Report

Post Time: 6-24-2011 01:06:26 PM |Show all posts
Advanced Engineering V Improves your recycling efficiency by 100% and reduces the oil consumption of your troops by 30%. Use on Mayor of the city.

Use magic Report

You have to log in first before reply Log In | Sign Up

Copyright (c) 2010 - 2013 JOYFORT ENTERTAINMENT LIMITED. All Rights Reserved           About Us | Contact Us | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy